Join the SB OverSeas Family in Brussels
Volunteer with us, propose activities and workshops, sign petitions or even join us for public events on social media and in Brussels, there is always a way for you to get involved with the work of SB Espoir. Throughout the year, SB Espoir organises several events, activities and campaigns, which require the support and donations of individuals like you.
Volunteer with SB Espoir
We look for dedicated volunteers year-round committed to supporting participating in weekend activities and workshops. We currently have over 35 active international volunteers making invaluable contributions to the program with the time that they spend with us.
Should you wish to volunteer your time to SB Espoir you may be asked to assist our work through such things as:
- Participate in our weekend activities and workshops in the three reception centers in Brussels.
- Contribute to the planning of the activities and workshops
- Participate in our SB OverSeas and SB Espoir events and campaigns
Volunteering is one of the most-rewarding things you can do with benefits to yourself and the community. At SB Espoir, we believe in the development of volunteers, as such we offer:
- First-hand experience in working in reception centers with the youth, organising activities and being responsible for your own group of youth
- Regular workshops and trainings for the volunteers, such as first-aid trainings and workshops on the asylum-procedures in Belgium
- Opportunities for personal development: taking on challenges, practising your skills and gain confidence working with a team of experienced volunteers
- Have fun sharing experiences with your fellow volunteers and the youth.
- Possibilities to grow with the organisation. The most dedicated volunteers get more responsibilities as team leaders, with a more active role during the activities and act as representatives of SB Espoir.
- A stepping stone to volunteering with us in our Lebanon program. We give priority to volunteers from SB Espoir for our program in Lebanon
Got any questions? Please contact the SB Espoir Coordinator for any clarifications at email@example.com.
Please note that applications to volunteer with us in Brussels are currently closed. If you’d like to volunteer with us again starting from September 2019 please send us your application in July or August.
The volunteering programme is part-time. To take part, we require that volunteers must:
- be at least 18 years old.
- Be able to volunteer with us for at least two weekend afternoons per month.
- Have a working knowledge of either English and/or French. Our activities are conducted in English and French, and we are always in search for volunteers that can also speak Pashto, Dari, Arabic and Kurdish.
- Experience with working with youth and/or working in a refugee setting is highly appreciated.
- Commit to at least 4 months of volunteering with us.
- Sign our contract with includes insurance that covers you as a volunteer during the activities.
Interested in joining us? Fill out the application above and send it to the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write for us & Share our Work!
Are you passionate about topics related to unaccompanied minors, migration and integration, and other topics related to SB Espoir? If yes, then share these with us on our blogs and monthly reports.
We’d like to feature blog posts and articles from not only our volunteers but also dedicated individuals! You can write about an experience you had while volunteering and/or working with SB Espoir.
It is important to share the work of SB Espoir with the public and contextualise the observations and lessons learned working on the ground directly with the youth in the centers to situation in Belgium and Europe. In addition to these activities, contributions by volunteers and active members enable SB Espoir to communicate information on a wide range of topics relevant to the activities and inform about the work done in SB Espoir alongside the SB OverSeas press releases.
Interested? Contact us at email@example.com
Intern with SB
Passionate about the work we do at SB Espoir and want to be more involved?
Become part of the SB Espoir team to provide help to people in need, worthwhile causes, and the community while learning valuable skills as an SB intern.
SB Overseas proposes multiple internships positions at its headquarters in Brussels on a wide basis of roles, such as project development, communications and digital fundraising, with minimum commitments of 3 months.
SB Espoir and SB OverSeas continuously strive to learn from our experiences and current developments to improve our work of supporting people in need of help.
Want to stay up to date with the work at SB Espoir? Sign-up here for our newsletter.
Propose an Activity or Workshop
Want to propose an activity and/or workshop with SB Espoir?
We work hard to encourage initiatives by individuals and members for activities and workshops with the youth in the Centers.
Local partnerships not only enable the youth to create contacts outside of the centre but also provide the opportunity for engaged individuals and organisations to introduce the youth to activities and practices, which in turn reveal their, sometimes unknown, talent and passion.
These activities can be about something you love, such as hobbies and sports, and training you may provide to others.
Read here some of the partnerships we have done for activities and workshops.