Period: 6 months, full time
Description: We are looking for an enthusiastic Human Resources Intern to join our team in Brussels. The intern will assist in planning and implementing the operational HR activities for SB Overseas’ interns and volunteers in Belgium and Lebanon, in terms of recruitment, benefits and expenses management, personnel management, and this in line with labour and social security laws as well as SB Overseas’ strategy and standards.
The intern will assist our staff in the following duties:
- Advertising available job openings and volunteering opportunities;
- Managing applications for those positions;
- Conducting interviews for those positions;
- Conducting orientation for new employees;
- Monitoring attendance of personnel;
- Ensuring correct documentation of personnel;
- Ensuring compliance with national labour laws;
- Supervising activities and attendance of volunteers in Belgium and Lebanon;
- Reviewing internal HR procedures;
- Assisting the team with other day-to-day duties.
- Human Resources degree and/or previous experience in related field;
- Excellent oral and written fluency in English and French;
- Excellent planning skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office suite (especially Word and Excel).
- Oral and written fluency in Flemish;
- Knowledge of statistical methods and statistical analysis skills.
The internship will normally be unremunerated, although lunch and travel expenses are covered. The intern may be offered remuneration if this could be supplemented by a government subsidy (such as Activa or Article 60/61). In this case, the intern will have the option of extending the length of their internship to 9 months.