Period: 3 months, full time
We are looking for an enthusiastic Volunteer Coordination & Human Resources Intern to join our team in Brussels. The intern will assist in planning and implementing the operational HR activities for SB Overseas’ employees and volunteers in Belgium, and in coordinating our Lebanon Volunteer Programme.
The intern will assist our staff in the following duties:
- Managing recruitment and orientation for new employees and volunteers;
- Monitoring and development of volunteering programmes;
- Ensuring compliance with national labour laws;
- Reviewing internal HR procedures;
- Assisting the team with other day-to-day duties.
- Excellent oral and written fluency in English;
- Excellent planning skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office suite (especially Word and Excel).
- Human Resources degree and/or previous experience in related field;
- Oral and written fluency in French and/or Flemish;
- Knowledge of statistical methods and statistical analysis skills.
The internship will normally be unremunerated, although lunch and travel expenses are covered. The intern may be offered remuneration if this could be supplemented by a government subsidy (such as Activa or Article 60/61). In this case, the intern will have the option of extending the length of their internship to up to 9 months.